Why wear a face cover?
Eco Chic Filters
Eco Chic urges you to remember that people are part of the planet too. We're all living through the current ecological challenges. And one of the greatest we've faced for a long time is SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19 or the Corona Virus).
Since the 4th June 2020, the UK government has made it compulsory to wear fabric-based face coverings on public transport and enclosed spaces - on WHO (World Health Organisation) advice to stop the spread of this respiratory virus.
To support this drive to prevent the pandemic, Eco Chic introduced a range of non-medical reusable face coverings designed by our UK team. By purchasing these hard-wearing, durable masks you are leaving the stocks of medical grade masks available for health-care workers.
Whilst our face coverings do meet the required legal standard. we would like to mention that they're not really suitable for medical PPE (they're actually classed as non-medical).
However - we are Eco Chic. and we would not be true to ourselves if they were not reusable and re washable. Each mask is made from 100% polyester exterior - a strong robust. tear resistant fabric. While the internal material is cotton for that soft touch next to the skin. All that's left for you to do is adjust the straps behind the ears and fit the wire to the bridge of your nose, so that they fit your face securely and comfortably.
Want a little more peace of mind? Stop the worry and any potential transmission by putting a filter between the polyester and cotton layers and remember to wash your mask at 60 °c heat before you wear it.
Eco Chic Filters are made from 5 layers of materials, which are 2 layers for Non-woven Fabric, 2 layers of Melt Brown Fabric, and in the middle is the Activated Carbon.
Our filters are tested to filter a minimum of 98% harmful particles in the air, including dust, seasonal allergies, smog, pollution, ash, garden pollen. For full test report click HERE.
- * Size: 12 cm x 8 cm
* Last for 12-16 hours, for the best result please replace it daily
* Please do not reuse or wash the filter, this is a disposable filter
- What material are your face masks made from?
- The outer of our face coverings are made from tear-resistant, 100% recycled polyester (RPET). The inner fabric of our masks are made from 100% cotton. This makes our masks 100% eco-friendly and reduce the need for disposable face masks.
- Are your face masks washable?
- Yes, all of our face coverings are machine washable. This makes them both reusable and convenient, especially compared to other face mask products, which often require hand washing. We recommend that you wash your face masks at 60 °C, especially before wearing them for the first time.
- Are they medical face masks?
- No, our face covers are not classed as being medical-grade or PPE. This is a conscious and deliberate decision on our part, as the stocks of medical face masks need to be saved for those essential healthcare workers. Instead, we’ve chosen to produce everyday non-medical protective coverings. This will suit most people looking to comfortably cover their face during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Can I use filters with your masks?
- All of our face coverings do include a filter pocket.
- What is the size of the filter pocket?
- The integrated pocket is designed to fit most filters in the market. The pocket in our masks is 150mm long. The pocket entrance height is 65mm, designed to fit a PM2.5 filter measuring 120mm x 80mm which won't be slipped out of the pocket after fitted.
- How long will your reusable face masks last for?
- Our reusable face covers will last approximately 100 washes in an everyday household washing machine. This means that they should be fine to wear for over a three-month period, if washed once a day.
- Are reusable face masks sanitary?
- Yes, as our face coverings are washable, they are safe to reuse. However, we recommend washing them after each use, especially before wearing for the first time.
- Does our face masks come with nose wire?
Masks supplied before 1st September does not come with nose wire. Any mini face cover supplies after 1st September 2020 come with nose wire.